Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Tired of Review Books


When I started reviewing books on this blog, I just reviewed whatever I chose to read. Then I discovered First Wildcard and other programs where they send me books to read. Now, no one has ever sent me a book without asking me if I wanted it; but I reached a point when I said that I wanted to read what I wanted to read; not what was due next. Luckily, I only have three review books in my TBR stack, and they aren't due for a while.

I decided to pick up The Puzzle Bark Tree by Stephanie Gertler. Renee sent it to me some time ago and if you click on her name you can read her post about it. I enjoyed the book, and if you define literary fiction as fiction that is character-driven rather than plot-driven, then this is literary fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats