Sunday, May 09, 2010

Review: A Promise of Hope

A Promise of Hope: A Novel (Kauffman Amish Bakery Series)A Promise of Hope: A Novel (Kauffman Amish Bakery SeriPublish Postes) is the second book of the series.  I reviewed  the first, A Gift of Grace: A Novel (Kauffman Amish Bakery Series) last year and my comments about Clipston's writing style are the same as for that book.  In  this book a young Amish widow learns of her husband's secret past and has to deal not only with her grief but also a feeling of betrayal.  Throw in two men vying for her attention and you have the basic plot.  It was on the "New Acquisitions" shelf at the library last time my youngest and I visited, so I grabbed it.  If you love Amish fiction, you'll probably like this; otherwise, pass.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, this book looks really good! I do love Amish Fiction.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats