Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  Can you believe we've been doing this for a year now?  Sunday Snippets is a chance for Catholic bloggers to share their posts with each other.  It doesn't matter if you blog exclusively about things Catholic or whether, like me, it pops up periodically, if you are Catholic you are welcome to join us.  If you'd like a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoo group.

To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  In it, highlight one or more of your posts this week.  Also, include a link back here.  Then, come back here and sign Mr. Linky, giving a link to your Sunday Snippets post.

This week I reviewed a book about some 20th Century Catholic heroes:  Unlikely Spiritual Heroes.  I also read Good Returns:  Morally Responsible Investing which is by the founder of the Ave Maria family of mutual funds.  Definitely worth a read.

While you are here, I'd like to invite you to enter my giveaway of a $20 gift from CSN Stores.  They have a wide variety of merchandise, and I have few enough entrants so far that you have a decent chance of winning. You can read about my experience with CSN here.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting ... my post this week is about a cancer awareness fundraiser I attended with ladies from a church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a bit about my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you RAnn again for hosting our snippets.

    Here are mine for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my posting is not Catholic bu it is a great book

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ

    What a great idea! I am a new blogger. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to share our posts with other Catholic bloggers! Happy Pentecost!

    Shelley

    P.S. I mistakenly posted this comment on your May 15th Sunday Snippets post. I just joined your blog hop for the 1st time today, the Feast of Pentecost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:10 AM

    I have links to a couple of posts, and a I uploaded an adorable video clip. :-)

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! Now I can read more Catholic bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:58 PM

    Thank you for inviting me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for inviting me! I really enjoy reading posts from other Catholic bloggers...

    God bless,
    Jessica =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. RAnn, this is week #58 by my count, so we've been at it for more than a year now, eh?
    ======================

    This week on Sunday Snippets, WBN presents: Babies, bioethics, and birth defects.

    * Cure Cancer By Game Playing?
    * Bioethics and man-made cells
    * I have a genetic defect called ...
    * Hello Baby
    * Fish and Chips

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, Nod, I'd say so. Yahoo groups notified me (all of us) that a new member joined and out of curiosity I looked at the member list, sorted by "date joined" - goes back to April 16, 2009. In the immortal words of Tom Robinson, "Mr. Finch, that was way last spring, way over a year ago."

    Yes, it was.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats