Monday, June 20, 2011

Short Review: Avatar

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures

About the Book:
One of America's hottest shows returns! For three years, millions of eager fans tuned in each week to watch Nickelodeon's hit animated series, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Ever since, fans have been hungry for more - and now their wait is finally over! This volume collects the long-out-of-print, fan-favorite comics previously published in Nickelodeon Magazine and with the Airbender DVDs, plus over 70 brand-new comics pages. That's over 26 stories set in Airbender continuity, by a host of top-notch talent, many of whom worked on the original animated series itself.

My Comments:
Not exactly my usual reading material, is it?  Well, I have a confession to make--I haven't read it.  I have no intention of reading it.  I had no intention of reading it when I requested it from NetGalley.  However, I have a son who, in terms of reading taste, is 19 going on 12.  He loved the Avatar movie so when I saw this on NetGalley I requested it so he could read it.  

I asked him today if he had read it, and he replied that he had (and other than tell him it was available I didn't exert any motherly pressure on him to read it).  I asked if he liked it, and he said he did, even though "reading is more your thing than mine".  I asked what he liked about it, and he told me it was funny.  That's all I was able to get out of him.  I guess that is why he isn't a book blogger.  Perhaps if you have a teenage son who doesn't like to read, he'd like this too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats