Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Reasons I'm Thankful for Being a Blogger

1.  Books.  What can I say, I love to read and being a book blogger keeps my mailbox full of books at no cost to me.

2.  An audience.  Yea, like a lot of bloggers I've had my dreams of being a published author and now I am one!

3. The book blogger community.  Part of being a book blogger is the book blogger community--those who participate in the memes, challenges, and events that take reading from a solitary event to a community event--whether you are talking about Mailbox Monday or The Fall Reading Challenge or the Readathon, even if I don't participate I enjoy reading the post of those who do, of those who enjoy books as much as I do.

4.  Catholic bloggers.  I've learned so much about my faith through hosting Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, which is my weekly meme in which Catholic bloggers, whether they blog about the faith or about cute Catholic kids, share their best posts with each other.

5.  AdSense.  No, I'm not getting rich, but it won't be long before they send me $100, so if you've every wondered if you should click those ads on someone's blog, please, do.

6.  Amazon Affiliates.  Another program that isn't making me rich, but which does give me a couple of nickles every now and then.  If a book blogger recommends a book you decide to buy, do him or her a favor, use his or her links to buy it and give the blogger a couple of cents.

7.  Regular writing practice has improved my writing, at least I think it has.

8.  I get to help promote books that I enjoy; its fun being an "influencer".

9.  I love walking into the bookstore and recognizing many of the featured titles

10.  You!  Ok, this is a repeat of No. 2 but I'm running out of things and You are a special member of this audience.  Happy Thanksgiving and may God bless you and yours.

See other Top Ten lists at Amanda's place.

1 comment:

  1. I like number 7 the best. Writing regularly does help to make a better writer- at least that's what I keep telling myself. :)

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats