Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday



One thing I like about the new Blogger interface is the fact that it keeps track of the number of times individual posts are accessed.  As I understand it, if you are reading this post because you check my blog every day and are able to scroll through multiple posts, you are not "counted" as having read this post.  If, however, you are reading this because you followed the Top Ten Tuesday link, or whatever other direct link to this post, or if you found it via search engine and came right here, then you are counted as having read it.

I've been blogging since 2005 but did not become a serious book blogger until 2007.  I thought it would be fun to look at the stats for my early posts and see what registers as more popular than other posts from that era.  I'm posting 12 links because when I went through three pages of old posts, that's how many I found that were noticeably more popular than other posts from that time. 

Why do I think these posts are popular?  Some review books by popular authors. Some have titles that get googled a lot.  Others inadvertently had good SEO (Search Engine Optimization).  What do you think?
  1. A Really Sexy Novel 
  2. Why I Read
  3. The Scarlet Thread
  4. My Review of God's Prayer Book
  5. How Harry Potter Cast His Spell
  6. Our Lady of the Lost and Found
  7. The Truth about Mardi Gras
  8. My Pink Book
  9. Yarn Shop Books
  10. Playing PI
  11. Summer Reading
  12. Book Review:  The Silence We  Keep
What do you think?  Has my blog changed over the years? For better or for worse?
See other folks' Top Tens at Many Little Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats