Saturday, July 21, 2012

Review: Need You Now



About the Book:
When big-city life threatens the safety of one of their children, Brad and Darlene Henderson move with their three teenagers from Houston to the tiny town of Round Top, Texas.

Adjusting to small-town life is difficult for the kids, especially fifteen-year-old Grace who is coping in a dangerous way.

Married life hasn't always been bliss, but their strong faith has carried them through the difficult times. When Darlene takes a job outside the home for the first time in their marriage, the domestic tension rises.

While working with special needs children at her new job, the widowed father of one of Darlene's students starts paying more attention to her than is appropriate. Problem is, she feels like someone is listening to her for the first time in a long time.

If Darlene ever needed God . . . it's now.

Experience a family's triumphant defeat over lies, betrayal, and loss while still clinging to the One who matters most.

My Comments:
I enjoyed this book--what there was of it.  It has been long enough since I requested it from NetGalley that I don't remember if I noticed it was "Part 1" or not, but had I gone to Amazon and purchased this for $0.99 I would have been unhappy.  Why?  Because "Part 1" means just that--the book just stops in the middle, with a note that in April (this was published in February) you'll be able to read the rest of the story.  Not a marketing trick I wish to encourage.  Grade:  D

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats