Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Review: Within Reach



About the Book:
Being a single dad was never on Michael Young's agenda. Yet with the sudden loss of his wife, that's exactly the role he has. On his best days, he thinks he can handle it. On his worst… Luckily, family friend Angie Bartlett has his back, easily stepping in to help out.

Lately, though, something has changed.

Michael is noticing exactly how gorgeous Angie is, and how single she is. She's constantly in his thoughts and he feels an attraction he never expected. Does he dare disrupt the very good thing they have going? If they have a fling that goes nowhere, he stands to lose everything—including her. But if they make it work, he stands to gain everything!

My Comments:
I was disappointed in this book. I thought the premise was good--a man moving from being friends with his late wife's best friend to falling in love with her, but what I got was two people who genuinely liked each other falling in lust with each other.  They both felt guilt, like they were cheating on the late wife, but instead of talking about their relationship, instead of deciding they wanted to explore whether they were going to go further with it than friendship, they lusted after each other, had sex with each other and then, finally, decided that yes, they did love each other and should get married.  Too much  cart before the horse for me, and way too much detail in the sex scenes (I won't even call them love scenes because that's not what they were thinking).  Grade:  C.  

I'd like to thank the publisher for making a review copy available via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats