Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival



Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up.

A relatively "normal" week here, whatever "normal" really means.  Tomorrow my older daughter and I are going shopping for prom dresses.  She only has ten days of school left (short spring break at the end of next week, plus a trip to Washington DC at the end of the month) and high school is history.  It's so hard to believe.  

Lots of blog posts this week.  Stress Test is a Christian thriller.  I read a children's book on St. Francis.  Hidden Mercies is Amish fiction.  Blessed Beautiful and Bodacious is about women's spirituality.  Don't forget to enter my giveaway for Kathleen Basi's book about the Beatitudes.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, RAnn. I wrote a post from my November pilgrimage experience, leaving Portugal and arriving in Santiago, Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting, RAnn!
    Congratulations to your daughter. I hope she has a fantastic prom night, and a wonderful time in Washington.
    This week, I have a video from EWTN anticipating Mother Angelica's 90th birthday, a homily that inspired my first pro-life fanfic, the latest addition to my Rosary Art Collection, an article about Obama's budget (NOT good news!) a report about Kermit Gosnell (I refuse to give him the title "Doctor"), this week's fan fiction (two new stories, and Chapter 11 of Revealed Relationships), and, of course, (I'm sure you can all recite it with me by now!) my weekly book list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a couple weeks but I'm glad to be back at Sunday Snippets. :) As always, thanks for hosting, RAnn! How exciting for your daughter, congratulations to her. :)

    This week I have my weekly goals, Pinewood Derby Fun, How to 'Get Something' out of Mass part one and How to 'Get Something' out of Mass, Practical Steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi RAnn, enjoy your shopping trip for prom dresses! I remember doing that with my mom and it was such fun! Are you having a later spring break? My son's was during holy week which feels so long ago. Your daughter must be experiencing many emotions as she approaches the end of school :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their breaks have been odd this year. In recent history, the norm around here was that the Catholic schools took off a week at Mardi Gras and then Thurs.-Monday at Easter. The public schools would usually only take Mon-Wed for Mardi Gras and then take a week off after standardized testing. If Easter was before testing they'd take a day or two at Easter. Well, she's in public school and this year they gave them the whole week at Mardi Gras, Thurs. and Fri. for Easter and, now that testing is over, they are taking this coming Thurs. Friday and Monday for "spring break". The Seniors finish May 6.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so very much for hosting! Love checking in with the bloggers who've linked!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for hosting, RAnn! I went on an unplanned "Internet fast" after Good Friday and just came back online yesterday (4/13/13). So my contribution is a little meager ... a reflection on caricatures of the Catholic Church (Outside the Asylum) and on a dumb T-shirt (The Impractical Catholic). Give your daughter my best wishes for a wonderful prom night.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats