Friday, August 02, 2013

7 Quick Takes About Me


Since I only recently started participating in 7 Quick Takes, I thought I'd introduce myself.  I blog under the name RAnn.  If you look hard enough you can find my name but I just don't want it out there front and center.  I've been blogging since 2005.
I'm married, and the mother of three.  My 21 year old son is on the autism spectrum.  My 17 year old daughter is about to start her freshman year at Northwestern Louisiana State University.  My 9 year old is my assistant on cooking projects for this blog.  She attends our parish school and is a Girl Scout.  She loves to swim.
I work full-time as a paralegal.  I work for one attorney who does high-profile criminal defense work and for two who do insurance defense (mostly car accidents and slip and falls).
I've been the leader of my youngest's Girl Scout troop for four  years; this year I'm staying with Brownies while she bridges to Juniors.
I'm mostly a book blogger but as the name of my blog states, I can and do blog about just about anything.  I host the weekly link-up Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  This week's edition is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2013/07/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_27.html I'd like to invite all of you to join us!
I live in the New Orleans metro area.
I am a lector in my parish, I serve on the parish school board and I'm a Girl Scout leader.  In my spare time I like to read and blog.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you publicized sunday Snippets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I already knew you, Rann! Great post!!
    Your little 9yo sounds adorable! I wish we were closer so my 10 yo and your 9 yo could cook together! I guess we're only about 1000 miles apart though!

    Thanks for sharing....God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. Happy to make your acquaintance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! My children like to help me cook, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you from 7QTs. I was just thinking I need some books to take on vacation--I'll have to go through your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if I posted a list of things about myself, if I'd seem as busy as you! I don't think so. You must be very organized to work full time, manage your home and 3 kids, read books, volunteer, etc. I do a lot, too, but it seems that nothing ever gets completely done. :)

    I enjoyed reading this and learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats