Thursday, August 22, 2013

Seven Quick Takes: A Trip Down Memory Lane

As my daughter gets ready to go off to college this weekend, I'm taking a trip down Memory Lane.  When I was pregnant with her I was concerned about how her brother would handle having a sibling, since he was so attached to me and has always hated changes in routine.  Luckily, my worries were in vain.


First haircut time.  She was the only one of my children who had hair as a baby and she needed a haircut when she was a little over a year old.

We enjoyed a vacation in Gatlinberg with friends one year.

She sure was cute when she started school.  Her brother had a rough time of it a few years earlier.  When we pulled up to school for her first day she said "Come on Mom, let's go!"  Mom wasn't moving fast enough and there was adventure to be had.

Kindergarten graduation.  I loved that school!

Second grade meant First Communion.  The First Communicants were seated together with the short kids in the front.  She was short, but not as short as this little girl, who needed a little help to get where she was supposed to be when she was supposed to be there.  My daughter was asked to help her and her family was appreciative.
For about three years she and her brother took Karate lessons and learned to break boards.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this. Kids grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fun. I'm enjoying reading about your family along with the book reviews. And that #6 just warms my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats