Saturday, December 07, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival



Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up.

Question of the week: What is your favorite title for Mary, and why?  I guess Our Lady of Divine Providence, since that is my parish.

I reviewed a couple of romance novels this week, but nothing I think would interest most of you.  I've been working on a criminal trial this week and I'd like to ask for prayers for the defendant and his family and for the victim and his family.  Maybe I'll tell you more about it next week.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting RAnn. It's too hard to pick just one favorite title for Our Lady. Her titles are like the facets of a diamond reflecting the light of God. I've had many wonderful experiences bringing Mary, Queen of Angels to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered the name of my favorite Mary flavor last week: Die Schutzmantel Madonna, The Protecting-Cloak Madonna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, RAnn, for hosting! Prayers for you and your case, RAnn..
    My fav title for the Blessed Mother is probably Our Lady of Lourdes, my home parish growing up and a spot ( Lourdes) my husband and I visited years ago when we went to France.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many favorite titles but, to answer the question, I'll settle on OLPH.

    Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, RAnn! Thanks for hosting. "The Blessed Mother" has always worked for me. Today, though, I just posted on Mary as the "New Eve", a typology which goes back at least to the second century with St, Justin Martyr and Tertullian.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats