Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post. Click here to sign up.

Question of the week:  Introduce yourself. Some of us have been participating for a long time; others are relative newcomers. Take a minute and briefly tell us about yourself and your blog.

Hi, I blog under the name RAnn though it wouldn't take much detective work on your part to learn my real name.  I'm a resident of the New Orleans area, and mom to three kids.  My 22  year old son is autistic and just started his first real job.  Please say a prayer that it works out.  My 19 year old daughter is starting her sophomore year at Northwestern State University of Louisiana (fork 'em Demons!).  She is a history major and part of the Louisiana Scholars College.  My youngest is ten, and a fifth grader at our parish school.  She is an altar server and a Girl Scout.  I work full time as a paralegal and the attorneys I work for do auto insurance defense and criminal defense.  In my spare time I like to read and write and this blog is primarily a book blog.  

This week I did Seven Quick Takes.  I reviewed a Christian romance about a war widow and her husband's twin. I also reviewed an inspiring memoir about a man who was convicted of killing his wife--and later found to be innocent.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, RAnn! I'm a Jewish convert to Catholicism. This blog covers a variety of topics.
    I lived in Brooklyn for almost sixty years, but I moved to Long Island last August.
    I'm one of the oldest writers on fanfiction.net, but not the oldest.
    I had a few things published in magazines, but that was a long time ago. I actually prefer the freedom of writing fanfics and publishing them online.
    I have several collections, both online and offline, but right now
    I'm concentrating on my Rosary Art Collection (online) and my
    Decorative Magnet Collection (offline)
    I love to read.

    This week, I have just three posts:
    The latest addition to my Rosary Art Collection
    Some sad news about the Pope's family
    and, of course, my book list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RAnn!
    Maybe one day I'll get in on the Catholic Carnival link ups which looks like great fun! Thanks for hosting! I love your blog here filled with great book and reviews! I'm so busy reading links on the computer or blogs, it seems I run out of time to read a great book OR I'm busy watching my kiddos! :) Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a lifelong Roman Catholic and (about as important) Beatles fan who has lived in NJ for my adult life, after growing up in Western New York State and spending a couple of years in Southern Ohio. I have an undergraduate degree in business and masters degrees in software engineering and theology. I worked for AT&T for ten years but am now caring for the home, my husband of twenty years and our four children.

    I like the music of the 60's, the movies of the 40's, Mark Twain stories and C. S. Lewis' non-fiction.

    I blog as a journal of my experiences because typing is faster than handwriting and more legible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi RAnn, thank you yet again. As for me,I am a wife of 51 years, a mother of two beautiful daughters, a Sinai nurse (NYC - 1962), a photographer (of sorts- photo-jo.smugmug.com) a writer (poet in awe of God). Prayer and daily Mass feed me. Lioness ( lionessblog.com ) is my way of evangelizing, a persistent shout out for God.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats