Friday, November 28, 2014

Shameless Plug for Kindle

Kindle Voyage

I am an Amazon Associate.  If you click the links under the book pictures on my posts, go to Amazon and buy something, or if you click the Amazon ads on my sidebar, do to Amazon and buy something, I get a commission.  Let's just say I'm not getting rich.  However, I put those links there as much for you, my readers, so you can easily grab a book that interests you, as I do to make money.  Today, I'm writing an ad for a product I'm fond of and I really hope you decide to click the links and buy.  Pictured above is Kindle's base model,Kindle, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers which is on sale right now for $49.00.  These are great no distraction digital readers.  When using mine (a similar model), I'm not tempted to play Candy Crush, check my email or play on facebook because this devise doesn't do those things.  It is for reading, period.  It is light in my purse, the battery lasts for weeks and if I should lose it, I'm not out that much.
Fire HD 7
Someone in my family is going to get Fire HD 7, 7" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black this year.  I bought it last night for $79.00.  It is usually $139.00, is marked down to $109.00 and if you use an Amazon Visa (and they'll be glad to issue you one if you don't have one and have good credit) you get an extra $30.00 off if you use code KDL30ARC.  I bought a cheap tablet on Black Friday last year and let me tell you that there is a world of difference between a cheap Black Friday Android tablet and this baby.  This one works, works when you push the button and does what it says it will do.  I bought cheap tablet to give as a giving tree gift at church but decided to research it before I gave it (but after I bought it).  Based on the reviews, I decided not to give it; that there was too much chance it wouldn't work.  I kept it and used it for a couple of months.  It took a long time to warm up and would lock up periodically.  Basically it didn't do anything fast and I can't imaging trying to watch a movie on it.  It does work well for reading books I get from Barnes & Noble or other non-Amazon book sellers.  Having that tablet convinced me I wanted a Kindle Fire and when they went on sale last year, I bought one and it is my favorite toy.  In the interests of full disclosure, I'll admit that I don't have a smart phone so I have to use my Fire if I want to do constructive things like playing Candy Crush.

All the Kindle Fires are on sale right now, including this one, which, if she didn't already have one, would be my daughter's Christmas present:
Fire HD Kids Edition

Fire HD 6 Kids Edition, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB, Blue Kid-Proof Case is $149.00 and comes with a two year guarantee--if the kid breaks it, they replace it.  It also comes with a year of Free Time Unlimited, which gives a child unlimited access to a large library of books and movies.  I'd say the collection is aimed at the eight years and under set.  It also comes with Amazon's parental control program so you can limit the number of hours they get to use the device or the number of hours they can do things other than read.

Just in case you missed the first time around, here are the links again.  Buy your family or friends a great give and give me a couple of dollars in the bargain:
Fire HD 6 Kids Edition, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB, Blue Kid-Proof Case
 Fire HD 7, 7" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black
l,Kindle, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats