Friday, July 03, 2015

July Blogging Challenge: Day 1: Who--Introduce Yourself


Hi, I'm Ruth.  I blog under the name RAnn but my real name is the worst kept secret online so except for the fact that I've been using that name since I started blogging, I don't know why I continue.  As the name of the blog implies, I didn't really have a focus when I started blogging, over ten years ago, however, over time I have become more and more of a book blogger, with a few other type posts thrown in for good measure.  Last year I began exploring investing and financial planning and I started a new blog, Racing Towards Retirement to share the results of my research.  

I'm Mom to three:  My son is 23 and works in food services at the Superdome/Smoothie King Center.  He still lives with us and probably will for the foreseeable future.  He is on the autism spectrum and while he is reasonably self-sufficient, so far he hasn't been able to come up with a job that will support himself.  Hopefully one day, but if not, I know who will be here to take care of me when I get old. My older daughter is a student at Northwestern State University of Louisiana where she majors in history.  She does not know what she wants to be when she grows up.  My youngest will be in sixth grade this year in our parish school.  She is a Girl Scout (the photo was taken just after she received her "I Live My Faith" award).  I'm also the wife of a very sweet seafood salesman. 

I work full time as a paralegal and I work both car accident cases and white collar criminal cases.  Both are interesting in their own way.   In my spare time I lead a Girl Scout Daisy troops (I had 23 kindergarten and first grade girls last year) and serve on our (church) parish school board.  I recently joined the Archdiocesan Catholic Committee on Girl Scouting so I think I should have enough to keep me out of trouble in the next year.

As I stated in the opening paragraph, I'm mostly a book blogger.  I read a lot of romance and women's fiction.  I also try to read a review a reasonable number of religious books.  I like to think that I'm a Catholic who likes to read and that my blog reflects that to some degree.  While to try to look at books from a Catholic point of view--for example, mentioning that couples end up in bed together  before marriage--I don't limit my reading or my reviews to "Catholic" books (though I am especially interested in good fiction written from a Catholic point of view),  I like cookbooks and I do read some religious books.

As I mentioned, this post is written to be a part of the July Blogging Challenge (and I needed an "about me" post).  To participate, link up at This Day Has Great Potential.  Here are the topics:



No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats